Brake Repair & Service
The brakes are one of the most important safety features in your car, and there are two ways you can identify if your brake pads require service:
- Visually inspect the thickness of the pads. Schedule a replacement soon if they are less than 1/4 of an inch. You risk serious rotor damage if they wear to less than 1/8 of an inch.
- Listen for unfamiliar noises while braking. Most brakes pads emit a noticeable screeching noise when they are in need of replacement, but metal scraping noises may indicate damaged rotors.
Regularly inspecting your brakes is a crucial part of preventative maintenance. Avoid expensive repairs and unsafe driving by servicing your brakes annually.
Brake System Service
More severe brake problems can have several different symptoms. Aside from unusual noises, the car may jerk to the side while braking, the pedal may become loose or unresponsive, or the dashboard warning lights may come on without any noticeable symptoms.
The AAMCO Brake System Service includes a thorough inspection of your vehicle’s entire braking system, including the pads/shoes, hydraulic fluids, rotors/drums, calipers and wheel cylinders, brake hardware, hoses and lines, master cylinder, and the anti-lock system for vehicles so equipped.
Our brake service also includes:
- Replacement of worn pads/shoes
- Repacking wheel bearings as needed
- Lubrication for specified components
- Resurfacing of rotors and drums (may need replacement if wear is excessive)
- Replacement of other components based on findings of inspection
- Brake fluid flush
- Parking brake adjustment
- Diagnostic road test