Transmission Repair & Service
Our multi-point diagnostic process is designed to pinpoint the source of your transmission problems as quickly and accurately as possible. Our initial road tests and inspections will reveal any apparent drivability issues, while our in-depth computer scans and troubleshooting will isolate the source of your car troubles.
Our exclusive Transmission Scan service will identify problems in:
- Transmission fluid
- Transfer case and differential fluids, where applicable.
- Initial engagements
- Each drive range
- Upshift/downshift timing and quality
- Passing gear
- TCC engagement
- Neutral and reverse gears
- Problematic noises and vibrations
- 4x4 performance
- Engine idle and performance
Our technicians will also inspect the undercarriage on a lift to identify external issues in:
- Shift linkages and cables
- TV/detent cables and linkages
- Vacuum connections
- Harness and ground connections
- Final drive
- Axles and shafts
- U-joints/CV joints
- Seals and fluid retention
- Pan gasket
- Crucial electrical wires
- OBD-II computer readings.
Even if our initial check doesn’t return any results, we won’t stop until we can provide you with a detailed explanation of your transmission problems and a reliable repair estimate based on our findings. Rest assured that you’ll only receive an honest recommendation based on our findings with no unnecessary parts or repairs.
Computer and Internal Diagnostics
Modern cars utilize an on-board diagnostics (OBD-II) system and a complex array of sensors to operate as efficiently as possible. This system is often the first indicator that something is wrong with your car’s performance, and we here at AAMCO have the equipment and technical expertise to interface with this system and identify problem areas.
See what sets the AAMCO Computer Diagnostic Service apart from auto repair shops:
- We will retrieve any computer trouble codes to determine probable mechanical malfunctions. A variety of systems could cause drivability issues.
- Standard car computer codes may provide ambiguous or inconclusive results, but AAMCO technicians can cross-reference the data against our proprietary technical database—the most extensive record of transmission computer diagnostics available anywhere.
- Our technicians will also use AAMCO Kwiktest™ PlusBox to see whether the problem is inside or outside of the transmission.
But we don’t just stop at computer scans. Our technicians will also check for problems in:
- Electronic hardware
- Solenoids and sensors
- Relevant wiring between the transmission, solenoids, and sensors
For over half the cars we service, we find only a minor repair is required. Whether your car troubles stem from mechanical failure or a simple broken sensor, our team of AAMCO-certified technicians will perform an in-depth inspection to help you get back on the road as quickly as possible.
If your car does require a transmission rebuild, we will only use quality parts—not salvaged pieces from a junkyard. We make an effort to provide reliable, cost-effective services with minimal fuss, and all of our work is covered with one of the strongest nationwide warranties available.